Today, Carney didn't repeat the assertion that the video was solely to blame, but he said again that there is no evidence the Benghazi attack was pre-planned.So a bunch of "bad actors" are sitting around in a Benghazi bar on 9/11 and somebody says "Hey, that Muhammad movie the American infidel made was really bad. What do you say we go raise a ruckus at the US Consulate?" So everybody grabbed their RPGs out of their pickup trucks in the parking lot and headed over to the US compound on a lark. I guess we were lucky. Imagine how bad it could have been if they'd actually put together a plan.
"What I can tell you is that, as I said last week, as ... our ambassador to the United Nations said on Sunday and as I said the other day, based on what we know now and knew at the time, we have no evidence of a preplanned or premeditated attack," Carney said Wednesday. "It is a simple fact that there are in post-revolution, post-war Libya armed groups; there are bad actors hostile to the government, hostile to the West, hostile to the United States. And as has been the case in other countries in the region, it is certainly conceivable that these groups take advantage of and exploit situations that develop, when they develop, to protest against or attack either Westerners, Americans, Western sites, or American sites."
Wednesday, September 19, 2012
Jay Carney: That's My Story and I'm Sticking To It
Jay Carney is continuing to stick to the administration's position that the Benghazi, Libya 9/11 anniversary attack was not pre-planned (via The Cable):