FACEbook

Thursday, June 14, 2012

What $40 Means to You (Woof!)

    Remember the White House's What $40 Means to You campaign from the Social Security tax holiday debate? (I wrote about it here, here, and here.)  Those who wrote in response provided such answers as:

$40 for me is about a week's grocery money!
S.Z, Cave Creek, AZ  
$40 a paycheck helps me pay for a week of lunch for my daughter at school.
E.D., Ranch Santa Margarita, CA  
$40 a paycheck covers the gas I use in only one week driving to and from work.
S.J., Haymarket, VA 

Thanks to their Runway to Win fashion designer-supported affort, the Obama campaign has provided a new answer for that question:


Pet owners will be especially glad to know it's 100% cotton.  The American people now have one more option for the extra $40 in their paychecks.

No comments:

Post a Comment