FACEbook

Monday, November 17, 2014

"I'm Just an Executive Order" (With Apologies to Schoolhouse Rock)

http://decodingdyslexiaks.wordpress.com/
2013/01/20/im-just-a-bill-schoolhouse-rock/
In the recent past in Washington DC:

Boy: Woof! You sure got to climb a lot of steps to get to this Capitol Building here in Washington. But I wonder who that sad little scrap of paper is?

Bill: I'm just a bill
Yes, I'm only a bill
And I'm sitting here on Capitol Hill
Well, it's a long, long journey
To the capital city
It's a long, long wait
While I'm sitting in committee
But I know I'll be a law someday
At least I hope and pray that I will
But today I am still just a bill

Boy: Gee, Bill, you certainly have a lot of patience and courage. But why bother? The president has broad discretionary authority to use his executive power to make government work when an obstructionist Republican party ties up the Congress for their own partisan advantage.

Bill: Well what do I do?

Boy: Just head back to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and tell the president John Boehner and Mitch McConnell were too busy schmoozing with the Koch Brothers to care about what is right for the country and you are ready to go to work for the American people... and even those who are not the American people but should be if the Republicans had one shred of humanity inside their cold, dead hearts.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/14/politics/schoolhouse-rock-40/
Bill: You mean even if the whole Congress says you shouldn't be a law, the president can still say yes?

Boy: Certainly. The Founding Fathers never intended Congressional gridlock to tie the president's hands.

Bill: Thanks! It's actually pretty easy to become a law, is it?

Boy: Well, technically not a law. But on the other hand, who's gonna stop you?

Bill: Oh yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment