To stay covered through the Marketplace for 2015, you’ll need to follow 5 Steps during Open Enrollment...You’ll need to complete all 5 Steps to staying covered in the Health Insurance Marketplace (PDF) to finish enrolling in a health plan, even if you want to stay in the same plan.Returning customers will have one month (November 15 to December 15) to continue coverage beginning January 1, 2015. The five steps are:
- Review your current plan’s 2015 health coverage and costs.
- Update your Marketplace application, starting November 15.
- Compare the health plans available to you in 2015.
- Choose the plan that best meets your needs.
- Enroll in the health plan you want for 2015 coverage, by December 15, 2014.
The flyer does not explain exactly what will happen if Healthcare.gov "tries" and fails, or which steps, if left incomplete, will prevent the automatic enrollment from succeeding.