FACEbook

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Speaking With Authority Works! [Updated]

    OK, I know you're not supposed to toot your own horn, but if someone else is tooting your horn, is it OK to point?  For reasons beyond my ability to understand, here's a snippet from the current ranking (as of Thursday, 10/11/12) of 14,151 political blogs by Technorati:


Thaaaaat's right.  My blog is tied at #138 with the Daily Beast (Newsweek) blog.   Rankings are based on "Authority" scores - both blogs are at 547 currently.  Not only that, I'm #69 on the World Politics ranking.  Go figure.

    Well, to continue using time worn cliches (is that redundant?), I guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.  Actually, this would appear to validate my banner above:  Dad always said, "Speak with authority - people will assume you know what you're talking about, even if you don't." Now I am almost positive he knew what he was talking about.


Update: OK, reality caught up with me.  Someone at Technorati gave the World Politics Authority calculator a swift kick and got it running again.  My Authority dropped to 150 and rank to #338.  Since I've only been blogging since January, so this seems more believable.  But I will always remember my time in the sun...

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! Who knows who's reading SWA? I am. There you go, a certainty to build on. Alas, I'm not much of an Archimedean point.

    DGB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would this be a good time to mention that today I'm up to #62 on the World Politics list? Plunged to #146 on Politics, however. Ah, well. If you live by the polls, you die by the polls...

    ReplyDelete