FACEbook

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Hobby Lobby and the Hunk

    The Supreme Court's Hobby Lobby decision has spawned many protests since being handed down in June, but a mini-demonstration in Queensbury, NY early this week produced one of the more unusual signs carried by one of the participants. Four members of the same family showed off their signs on a street corner. Three of the messages were rather pedestrian: "Keep Your Theology Off My Biology", "My Body My Choice", and "Separation of Church and Work." But the fourth may have caused some motorists to do double takes with its simple message: "Hunk Obama":


    I suppose a second interpretation of the sign could be "Honk if You Love Obama" with the heart standing in for "if you love." But I prefer the "hunk" interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment